Tuesday 9 June 2009

Pubic shearing as a public sphere

I am sat next to Harlequin in his bed. He is gleefully reviewing this, and I am idly sitting back after a very long day of traveling. But all is good now, because we will get to spend a few days together.

The only problem is that my pubis is slightly sore. You see, I foolishly went to have it waxed yesterday, when I should have allowed a couple of days to recover, and although the waxing lady was very nice and careful, it still got slightly irritated.

Thankfully, I am anything but hirsute, and so I've never had the dilemma of waxing or not waxing, really. But Harlequin seemed to appreciate the idea of hairless nether regions, and so, soon after we first got together, I decided to go for it and get a complete waxing.

I am sure a lot of people will have fliched at the mention of pubic waxing. I understand, I flinch when I think about shaving. I mean, a razor? There? Really? Yeah, thanks, but no thanks. Also, I have heard all those stories about hair growing stronger and more stubborn the more you shave it, with a risk of infected ingrown hairs that I get nightmares about it. "The revenge of the razor pussy". Hollywood, here's one for the books.

The reason I want to share this with you is not gratuitious. The thing is, I've already undergone the procedure several times, and it never ceases to surprise me just how similar it is to a spanking. Or to a BDSM scene in general, really. But because spanking is, we could say, so far, my field of expertise, that's what I am going to relate it to. But, in general terms, consenting to someone, a stranger at that, to do very terrible things to your private parts? Surely you can see the connection.

First, they smear the wax on you. That would equal the rubbing before a spanking. I love to have that wax put on me. It's just the right temperature, and smells heavenly, and there is that OMINOUSNESS when the smearing of the wax stops and you feel the first paper strip being firmly stuck in place, and you know that...

... the first pull is exactly the same as the first blow in a spanking. It catches you by surprise, can leave you breathless and you know that there's many, many more to come.

From there, the procedure follows a very similar pattern to a spanking, except I've never felt that my uterus was going to be pulled through my pores while being spanked. There is occasional further wax smearing/rubbing, and lots, lots of paper strips being pulled. It hurts a lot, it is absolutely endurable, and I am sure childbirth will be ten times worse, because then my uterus will actually be trying to come out through my pores. Or something like that.

Once the ritual is over, the kind lady who is getting paid to do that to you rubs some moisturizer on the affected parts. Ah, that aftercare is so welcome! And then you get dressed and pay her (not always part of a BDSM scene) and you part ways amiably.

I am certainly not recommending anybody wishing to undergo pubic waxing as a substitute for a scene, which would be wrong for many reasons, the first one being that the waxing lady might not take too well to being turned into an impromptu dominatrix. But, much like the branch of anthropology that studies rituals, the similarities between both situations struck me as dreadfully interesting. And it makes me wonder. Are there other ordinary life situations that somehow replicate BDSM proceedings?

2 comments:

  1. I've always thought that waxing would be a breeze for people accustomed to pain. I've since learned that is not the case.

    I think any sort of dental procedure would be similar to a BDSM experience. Or a gynecological procedure, with medical students watching.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, that was to funny, and so terribly accurate! I've been getting waxed for many years now, and yes, even though you know it's Going to hurt, I still find it a surprise, like that first spank in a punishment spanking, at just how much it Does hurt.

    Angie
    ps, trying going sometime when your bottom is still red....

    ReplyDelete