Wednesday 11 March 2009

We, the undersigned

There's an annoying lady in my language class.

As in, really annoying. She struggles a lot with the language, and that's, you know, perfectly legit. And she sees fit to correct everyone, classmates and teacher, and that's, you know, NOT.

But sometimes she will be the protagonist of an unexpected humourous moment, and that, I think, more than makes up for the annoying. The teacher was asking which of us had partners from other countries, so that we could explain in what language we spoke. Long after we moved on to another topic, Annoying Lady interrupts to ask if the question was meant in the present, or if past experiences could be shared. Sure, go ahead, the teacher, in her infinite patience, says.

"Well, I... not at the same time!", she starts.

The class erupts in peals of laughter in mock-scandal, and I can't help but think that, among all my classmates, she is the less likely of all to be polyamorous. Or a cheater. Too disorganized, see.

I felt compelled to share this anecdote, because this is what this blog is going to be like. A tumbling cascade of the loving and the sexy, of the funny and the ridiculous. Because this is how Harlequin and myself live our story.

Harlequin and Colombina are, obviously, pseudonyms. As liberating as writing this blog might be, I certainly don't want anyone to know that intimate details of my private life are intimate details of
my private life. And I think that the anonymity (thank you, internets!) will be all the more liberating.

We met through a series of coincidences that goes to show just how strange and wonderful life is (the strangeness and wonder of this life of ours is, I realize, one of the more overused phrases in this relationship), and so far, this has been the biggest, bestest, beautifulest love affair of our entire lives. We are so IN LOVE that we don't bat an eye at the arguably cheesy and/or twee choice of our nicknames. We can afford to be as ridiculous as we want. Why? BECAUSE WE ARE IN LUUUURVE AND WE DON'T CARE HOW LOW WE FALL, THAT'S WHY.

Harlequin is kinky, I am a former chronically insatisfied reborn into an insanely curious budding painslut. We turned each other's tables so much that I got him to question his own kinks, and he got me to explore my own. We have so much sexual chemistry that *sparks* have been known to jump whenever we get together (through a fortunate combination of static and RAWR). I don't mean to gloat, but hell, I was starved off sex for years, YES, THE SEX IS AMAZING, thank you very much.

So this is what our Midnight Delicacies are going to be like. Some sweet, some spicy, some mysterious, all mouth-watering.

Welcome, and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment